Pages

Search This Blog

Losing my Lady V-ginity with Estella

The Lady V Estella dress is the dress my little vintage heart has been waiting for. Designed by my blogger girl crush extraordinaire George (of Fuller Figure Fuller Bust) the Estella has been created particularly with us plus size gals in mind. The crossover bust line is one of my favourites - with my not overly generous bust it means i can wear it with a regular bra for work as it is not too booby, and with a bit of push up padded number in the evenings. 








Shoes - Primark (recently)

Lady V has been on my radar for quite some time, and early last year i had ordered a couple of dresses from them, but got the sizing all wrong and had sort of given up. But when George announced her collaboration, and many bloggers and instagramers started posting pics of themselves the Estella I knew I had to have one.

My previous experience with Lady V was that there dresses had come up quite roomy on me. With the flared A-line skirt I knew my tummy wouldnt be a problem, so I opted for the size 20. It fitted like a dream.  I bought the Black & Pink Rose Floral dress first.




The fit is wonderful - the sleeves accomodate my meaty arms, the tummy panel smooths me  where I need it, and the A line style skirt is fifties full which make me feel like a lady, and is the perfect length on me (I'm 5'8") hitting me just over the knee to show of my calves and ankles (which I am a fan of). This earliest iteration of the dress came without any stitching on the cross over which meant a safety pin was necessary to preserve any semblence of dignity!



The print is just gorgeous - those giant luscious roses just make my heart happy. Also this particular print has transitioned beautifully between summer, autumn and winter. Just add tights!  Here I paired it with my new favourite shoes - black suede look wedges with an ankle strap from Primark (for £12!). These are wide fit and crazy comfortable, and I bought them less than a month ago so they should still be in store. 

Next I went for the Red Wine Polka Dot dress (obviously - I love polka dots, I love red wine. I'm pretty sure this was made for me). On the behest of many Lady V made a slight alteration to the next rn they did of the Estella - they stitched the cross over closed. When I firsted opened the packaging I was worried that they might have stitched it a little high for my humble bust. But it was absolutely perfect. No more dicking around with safety pins - hurrah! I once more ordered this in a size 20. The fit is a bit snugger than Rosey dress, and not just across the bust. Not too tight, but I certainly wouldn't want to wear it without some of my trusty shapewear underneath. The lumps and bumps need a bit of smoothing. 





All in all these dresses are dreamy. Whenever I wear them I feel gorgeous, glamourous and not too overdressed (which sometimes happens with some of my other fifties style dresses). At the moment Lady V are all out of size 20s, but I avidly watch their website for new colour ways. Check them all out here. Do you own anything from Lady V London? An Estella perhaps?  What colour way would you like to try?


Apolgoies for the somewhat grainy picture quality, I will get better at this. Stay posted - I have recently ordered a Lady V Loretta which I will be reviewing here soon.

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Curves & Curls. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign