Pages

Search This Blog

Prepping It Up with Collectif's Polly Shirt Dress





Collectif sales are pretty much my favourite. Sure they are terrifying for my bank balance (yeah it's cheap, but it just means I buy that much more!), and it can take me ages to choose between the endless amazing designs, but damn my wardrobe loves those gorgeous dress injections. 

Last summer, in a happy coincidence, I was having a day off from work the day the Collectif sale started. Previously I had always done my shopping with them online. Their service is great, and thanks to their amazing social media team you can usually get any queries answered about sizing etc pretty quickly so I find it a really pleasant experience. However, this day I was going to be in the Camden area anyway so I figured I might as well just pop in. 

The store in Camden (which is currently moving to a bigger location - yay, I hope this means more stock and more styles!) is staffed by the most wonderful people. Helpful but not hovering, I found myself standing around just chatting and getting fashion advice from the ladies who were there on the day. 

I went for my usual Dolores Doll dresses adding a few new prints and colours to my already overwhelming collection and a bamboo clutch which got major usage over the summer. 

I was about to head out of the store when one of the ladies (I can't remember her name, it was 6 months ago but I know I suck!) suggested I try on the Polly Shirt dress. I had seen it on the website and just could not imagine how it would look good on me. THe shirt waisted style was not something I had ever tried and when she brought it over I think I may have pulled a most unconvinced face. Ha!






Images from Collectif website - 
Black and Gingham Polly Shirt Dress 

Well what do I know? I put the dress on over a cami I was already wearing, unbuttoned all but the bottom button, and suprise! It looked great. So I added it to my impressive pile of sale goodies, and I am so glad I did!





Dress - Collectif Polly Shirt Dress (not currently in stock)
Shoes - Primark
Red lacy cami - Really old, can't remember where I got it (bad blogger)

Here I am wearing a size 22 (my usual size in Collectif - I find Collectif's fit very true to size generally) but to be clear there is no way that would button closed - wearing it open with the cami is my only option. The Polly is made from a heavy stretch cotton which is very forgiving and has a full skirt that finished just on the knee on my 5'8" frame. The black dres has cordinated white with a thin black stripe trim on the pocket (false), belt, around the armholes, on the collar, and fabric covered buttons.





The colours mean I can coordinate the Polly with any number of coloured camis and cardigans. (I tend to wear sleeveless Polly with a cardi as I am not a big fan of my arms).  

Here I am wearing a Freddie cardigan, in a size 18. I often buy my cardigans a few sizes smaller than my usual size as I dont tend to wear them buttoned up and I can find that in my true size they are often too big on the shoulders and arms and I prefer them to fit snuggly. I LOVE my freddie cardigans, and currently they are on sale on the Collectif website.

I love the cute preppiness of the look, and I think it works well in a work setting so it's a go to outfit during the week. 

Sadly the Freddie is currently out of stock, however hopefully Collectif will be getting some more in for the SS15 collection. I would definitely get another if they did as this dress is so easy to wear and a little different to most of my other fifties style frocks. 

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Curves & Curls. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign