Pages

Search This Blog

Purple prom prettiness - Multi Floral Print Prom Skirt by Scarlett and Jo

Due to severe January brokeness and general social fatigue I stayed in on Saturday night. Lots of quality time with my Netflix account, painting of toenails and stalking the Scarlett and Jo twitter feed. 

On Saturday Scarlett and Jo held a cupcake party, where they invited bloggers in to try on different dresses and eat cupcakes - bliss! While, alas, I had no cupcakes on hand it did inspire me to write a little review of my favourite Scarlett and Jo piece in my wardrobe, the Multi Floral Print Prom Skirt.






Multi Floral Print Prom Skirt by Scarlett and Jo at Evans

The lovely George of Fuller Figure Fuller Bust posted an instagram pic of her in it, and the shape and colours were so magnificent I just had to have it. I don't quite have the nerve to pair it with a crop top, but I am still totally and utterly in love with it.




There are a load of different colours in the pattern, all lovely and rich, which mean that there are loads of different things it can be paired with. During the summer I quite often paired it with a black tank for a simple evening look - the skirt is so striking that I like it to take centre stage. 




A bit windy when we were taking pics - hence the extreme poofiness

Here, however, I paired it with a thin, navy, sleeveless top (I got ages ago from Primark) over a black vest, with a black cardigan and black shoes. This is usually how I wear it to work.




The skirt is made from the softest fabric which floats beautifully, and is in a prom style, with lining and a layer of tulle underneath to help it stand out in that lovely bell shape. So ladylike. I find myself twirling around whenever I wear it. 
I tend to be a big fan of dresses. Generally I like them best on my shape, and they are so easy - very little thought, or matching required... But if Scarlett and Jo are committed to making more seperates I will have to make space for more skirts in my wardrobe. Terribly excited to see their new collection for SS15...

You can read a thorough review from the marvellously proportioned Curvy Wordy here.

Have you got anything from Scarlett and Jo? What do you think of their seperates? 

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Curves & Curls. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign