Pages

Search This Blog

Living La Dolce Vita: Scarlett and Jo Red Floral Dress


Black suede wedges with ankle strap (wide fit) - Primark

Since I first saw this Scarlett and Jo red floral jersey dress I have been in love with it. From the La Dolce Vita collection, it has such an old school glamour about it. I tend to stick to the fifties with my vintage styling, but this forties flirtiness is just great.  


 I bought this in my usual size 22 and it fits perfectly. The dress is a pretty standard empire line cut, which sits comfortably under the bust with a tie to the back to give it slightly more shape. This dress would be fine on women much bustier than me as there is a lot of stretch in the jersey fabric. The jersey is good quality and medium weight. I did wear it with my usual shapewear underneath (basically giant pants that come up to under my bra) just to smooth out the lumps and bumps. The length hits me just over the knee (I am 5'8") which is perfect in this style and lets me show off my pins a little. I paired the dress here with flesh coloured fishnets and black wedges. 



What I love about Scarlett and Jo is that there clothes always have this little something extra. Little touches which make their pieces feel special, like you've bought something precious. This dress is made with some really lovely little attentions to detail. The neckline is pretty high, which makes it perfect for work if you wish, but the little buttoned keyhole cut out is a sexy addition (and very 40s) . The loose angel sleeves are flattering, and give cover without being hot or constrictive, and the thickish band under the bust gives the whole thing good structure. This is a brand that really understands how to make clothes for plus size bodies. 


This is (crazily) only my second ever purchase from Scarlett and Jo, and I adore it. So easy to wear, and I would be happy in it at work, out on a date, or for a few drinks in the evening. Are you a Scarlett and Jo fan? Got anything by them? Let me know in the comments.

2 comments

  1. You look amazing! The colour is phenomenal with your skin tone and look how tiny your waist is!

    C xx
    http://curvygirlthin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good lord! Tiny waist! This dress must have miraculous powers! You've just made my year

      Delete

Copyright @ Curves & Curls. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign