Pages

Search This Blog

Lovely Lana: Review of the Lindy Bop Dark Blue Floral Lana dress

After the success of my first purchase from Lindy Bop, I have been planning my next order. There is quite a selection, but I decided to go with a couple of the Lana dresses.

The Lana is a very true vintage style. I like it because it doesn't seem adapted at all, but like a simple, classy style straight out of the fifties. 


Black and gold wide belt - Primark

The Lana has a a round neck at the front, a deep v at the back, and a full skirt. I went for this dark blue floral print as it has such a vintage feel, like granny curtains (in a good way). I like the fact that the print means you have so many colours to choose from for accessories. It's also one of those prints that will work year round.

I ordered the Lana in my usual size 22 and have found it to be a very good fit. The bust still has a bit of room, so this is good news for bustier 22s. The bodice sits comfortably under the bust, and the round neck is cut quite wide but not very low, which is very flattering as it shows off your decolletage beautifully without being all cleavagy - very classy.



The skirt is very full, pleated at the waist, so even without a petticoat the stiff fabric means it sits beautifully. The skirt goes past my knee (I am 5'8) which is about as long as I want it, particularly with a busy fabric like this. However I think the wide neckline helps to break up the pattern a bit, as does the belt I have added here. 


The Lana does come with its own wide fabric belt, which fastens at the back with two large buttons (a feature I really quite liked). However, despite me trying to wear it in the smallest part of my waist, the belt was just to small. As I said I ordered two Lanas (another review to come) and despite ordering the same size in both, the belts were different sizes. Neither of them fitted me anyway, but that's still not great. Just something to note.


As you can see, the back is pretty low which I like. The graduated V is flattering as it makes my broad back look less wide (always a plus). Generally, as I have mentioned before, I do like a feature back. So often plus sized dresses have full backs so I am always pleased for something different. 





So yes, all and all I am pretty happy with the Lana. Some of the finishing was not the greatest, but then for £30 I can live with that. I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for more promising prints as I think this is a great dress for everyday and can be dressed up for occasions too. 

8 comments

  1. I love the Lana dresses! I have two of them and I agree with the finishing, some of it isn't that great and for some reason, one of my lana dresses has a lining and the other doesn't...I might have to do a blog post about that actually! I was consdering getting this Lana Print one next and it's nice to see that it works with red heads like us! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely decided to purchase a couple after a saw how good the Lana looked on you at Curvy Con :)

      Delete
  2. Looks fabulous!! I'm really tempted to try a Lana, as I have lots of other Lindybop dresses. This really suits your shape, and goes amazingly with your hair!! Love the whole look xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, as you said it's quite roomy, would you suggest sizing down? Or is that too risky? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite busty so I would go with your usual size. I would say I'm a pretty standard 22 with maybe a smaller than standard bust (but a broad back, and it was only slightly roomy. So my advice would be to go with your usual size :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your honest review. We are so thrilled to hear you love the fit and style of our Lana dress! We will pass your comments regarding the belt onto our quality control team. Warm wishes, LB xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for one’s intriguing write-up. It’s actually exceptional. Searching ahead for this sort of revisions. Happy New Year 2021 Images

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's late finding this act. At least, it's a thing to be familiar with that there are such events exist. I agree with your Blog and I will be back to inspect it more in the future so please keep up your act. Associate Crypto

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Curves & Curls. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign